"Safety" Group Says Crossing Accidents Are the Train's Fault!

This is going to cause a storm of protest.  I received this from a US
Railroad list
and thought that I would share it for discussion here.  Personally I think
they are dickheads but plase make up your own minds by visiting their web
site.

Cheers

John Regan

--------

* Wait 'til y'all read their opinion of the "OPERATION LIFESAVER" program!
*

FROM CNN 22 FEB 1999:

"A new railroad safety group called "Rail Watch" Monday called on Congress
to investigate railroad crossings and other safety issues, saying accidents
occur approximately every 90 minutes and are too often blamed on innocent
motorists and not on malfunctioning railroad equipment and outdated rail
technology.

" 'Railroads should be forced to bear the responsibility of protecting us
from their trains, especially when they own the tracks and have the right
of way to barrel through our communities,' said Vicky Moore, the parent of
a teenager killed in a 1995 grade crossing accident in Ohio."

Complete story at http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/22/railroad.safety/index.html