Re: What's up with the RTM ? (was Government support (was 4001))

Mmmm. Interesting.
Maybe it's time a code of conduct was drawn up for the directors of the RTM.
And I mean one  with more teeth than the Liberal Party's attempt.
It's more than time that some transparency happened within the RTM
management.
----------------------
Darren

catchpoints@my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7avh7j$cki$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>In previous posts, I have taken issue with Messrs. Gioia and Yates on the
>subject of RTM management.
>
>However, recent events should be aired ... like the fact that 3 Directors
have
>resigned since the Elections last year, AND the General Manager.
>
>What is going on ? It is well known that the RTM Board has never let its GM
>manage the company ... small wonder, then, that the opportunity to do so
>elsewhere would entice him away.
>
>One of those who resigned recently was the editor of the Members'
newsletter,
>which, like it or not, from time to time actually told things the way they
>were. Can we expect such open and honest communication to continue, or will
>the Board be more selective in what the Members are told ?
>
>Since most of you know who I am now, I will admit to being a former
Director.

>Regards,
>Lindsay Lucas
>(soon to be ex-member ????)
>

>In article <vN8t2.1$j33.337246@news0.optus.net.au>,
>  "Rob" <blobigus@optus.net.au> wrote:
>> Maybe it's time that the RTM tried a different approach to running the
>> loopline. Perhaps something along the lines of the RTM maintains the
>> permanent way and restores the line back to Colo Vale. They then lease
the
>> rolling stock / locomatives at a nominal sum to individuals / groups who
>> then raise the funds to get the equipment restored. As part of the
agreement
>> the restored equipment must run on the loopline for X number of days, be
>> stored at Thirlmere, etc etc. A bit like the way some of the English
>> preservation lines operate who often swap locomotives as well. One thing
>> that would come of this would be that popular loco's would be first in
line
>> for restoration as opposed to restoring 27 class. Also some carriages
(like
>> the EAM) may get restored.
>> Cheers,
>> Rob
>>
>> Darren Yates wrote in message <36b211f5.0@occy.pnc.com.au>...
>> >Paul,
>> >On some things I agree with you but the problem is that most of these
>> >collections are sitting around doing nothing.
>> >
>> >I think railfans have reason to be a bit narrow-minded, paranoid,
whatever
>> >you like, particularly with NSW's history of looking after our heritage.
>> >The Victorians had good sense to store a large number of steam locos in
>> >parks. NSW just decided to cut most of them up or put all their official
>> >eggs into the one basket with the RTM.
>> >Victoria now has groups pulling locos out of parks, doing them up - the
RTM