Re: GM's in Melb

Roderick Smith wrote:

> I do think that anyone who posts anonymously could have greater courtesy
> than to use language such as 'nut special'.
>
> Even people who use their real names should have greater courtesy.

I do think we Railway Enthusiasts should cease being self conscious
about our chosen area of interest.

Some Victorians get quite upset when Railway Digest uses the term
'Gunzel' interchangeably with 'Enthusiast'; as in 'Gunzel Hot Spots'; as
they consider that a Gunzel is the undesirable 'Foaming' element that
always wears a blue jacket, parks himself in the leading vestibule of a
Nut Special, irrespective of the seat reservation, and records the
action of the engine, and then proceeds to replay it at high volume
annoying the Enthusiasts.

Railfans, Gunzels, Railway Enthusiasts, Railway Nut Special Patron,
Transport Experience Connoisseur, just not a Train Buff!

My moniker is cynical, by my own definition I'm a nut, as I would have
travelled if I hadn't previously booked to travel by steam tug on the
same day.

Sit back, Relax, and Enjoy the trip :o)

BC