Re: Plastic versus Paper Magnetic Stripe Tickets

> > All well and good if the BOMs & TVMs use ink, but the Melbourne ones use
> > heat -sensitive tickets, and all printing is done thermally. So it may be a
> > little more complicated than people are imagining.
>
> Does this then have any implications as to where the tickets should be
> carried? Other heat sensitive applications have such warnings - is carrying a
> ticket in a wallet sitting close to your hot buttocks (whew) going to cause
> any problems?
>
> JD

this may allow the printing to dissappear but remember the more important bit on
the ticket is magnetic strip, which is won't be affected. Only the standard
magnets warning would apply - magnetic information is equally susceptible
irrespective of system.
As for the strength problem- perhaps something like that heat-sensitve paper
laminated to the back of a light plastic ticket would suffice. The printing only
needs be done on one side I assume. Granted it may be more fragile than its
cityrail counterpart, but surely it would be an improvement?