Re: Plastic versus Paper Magnetic Stripe Tickets

In article <7aq3bp$68h@news.dns.microsoft.com>,
  "Mike Alexander" <malex@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> date

> fine,
>
> > My Cityrail periodical keeps its writing fine. The area where the
> >printer leaves its mark is coated to allow the ink to stick.
>
> All well and good if the BOMs & TVMs use ink, but the Melbourne ones use
> heat -sensitive tickets, and all printing is done thermally. So it may be a
> little more complicated than people are imagining.

Does this then have any implications as to where the tickets should be
carried? Other heat sensitive applications have such warnings - is carrying a
ticket in a wallet sitting close to your hot buttocks (whew) going to cause
any problems?

JD

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway