And the Winner is....

Some of us were hoping that the Winner was Wisconsin Central, as we known of
its 'Track Record'.  We are not well acquainted with any other Members of
the consortium, except for Goninan which will close down production at its
Broadmeadow NSW plant.
        If the Freight Victoria consortium has connections with GSR, will
they use V/Line locomotives to haul GSR trains when their contract is up
with the NRC??
        How interseting to see Goninan (the GE licencee) charged with
maintaining V/Line's all GM fleet?
        It was speculated in the Financial Review that EDI may buy out
Goninan's plant at Broadmeadow!

Will VLF buy new locomotives from Goninans??

I hope we Victorians will be the winner, for some VLF employees wil be at
Centrelink tommorrow!

To say the least we live in interesting times!!