Re: And the winner is.....

Yuri J Sos wrote:

> >From Rail2000's website (http://www.users.on.net/rail2000)
>
> >Freight Victoria: Headed by former V/Line Freight Managing Director
> >Marinus van Onselen and with major consortium partners Rail America
> >and Macquarie Bank. The latter two were involved in the bidding for
> >the former Australian National business and are both shareholders in
> >Great Southern Railway which was the successful bidder for the AN
> >passenger business. Rail America operate over a dozen US shortlines as
> >well as a profitable railroad in Northern Chile. Fluor Daniel are
> >reported to be the consortium's infrastructure partner and A Goninan
> >the rolling stock partner.

Hmmm...
I wonder if there will be any intergration between VLF and GSR,
considering the common ownership, can we look forward to Orange and Grey
diesels on the Overdue again?...

Gee,... if Freight Victoria get VLP, perhaps I may be able to catch
Great Southern to Albury?

Uh Ohh, I just realised, $2.10 for a soft drink on GSR, I'm having
second thoughts about it all now.

Yours in speculation
BC