Re: It's still academic

In article <19990221011926.00790.00000111@ng-fu1.aol.com>,
  markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:
> <<<<<<<<Dosen't the cane industry in Qld haul more tonneage than VLF each
> year??>>>>>>>
>
> If this really is the case VR, V/Line VLF are in worse trouble than I thought!

According the figures on the Rail 2000 site, in 1995/96 Queensland sugar
mills moved an estimated 23.0 million tonnes.  This is the same order of
magnitude as Robe River, and far exceeded that of VLF which tallied a
miserable 6.9m.

In fact, the sugar cane haulage almost exceeed that of National Rail,
Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania combined!  That total was 26.7m

Cheers...JD

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html