Re: Victorian line closure dates??

MarkBau1 wrote:

> For a start I'd like closure dates for:

I'm going to quote information from 'Weekly Notice Extracts 1894 - 1994'
published in '96.

> Skipton line, (its now closed all the way to Linton Jct I believe and Linton
> Jct box was recently demolished)Can anyone confirm this?

Appears to have never been 'officially' closed.  Certainly by 1987.

> Bolangum/Marnoo line.

Again appears to have never been 'officially' closed.  Lubeck Box was
abolished in 1985, so it was by then.  Lubeck became just another Loop
plus swichlocked grain sidings.

> Yanac line, (does the track still go all the way to Yapeet?)

WN 1/87 (13/1/87) advised that Yanac was closed to all traffic, Yapeet
is still open.

> Dennington to Pt Fairy. Does coal still go to Dennington or does the line
> finish at Warnambool?

10/9/77 - Port Fairy line closed beyond Dennington, but,
2/11/77 - Electric Staff Warrnambool - Koroit abol, IES inst. removed.
Dennington established as TST Station, sections Warrnambool -
Dennington.  TST may be provided between Dennington and Koroit or Port
Fairy (OES) when Required

The only subsequent entries deal with abolition of F/L

Dennington is still open, now worked as a siding since 26/4/88.

There were dates published in the WTT, which sometimes didn't agree with
WN dates.  Hopefully somebody out there has more details, and posts.

Hope this helps,

BC