Re: MetCard Xpress (Was: Plastic versus Paper Magnetic Stripe Tickets)

> John Wayman wrote in message ...
> >Is there much difference in the cost of a magnetic stripe ticket compared
> >paper magnetic stripe tickets such as Metcard?
> >
> >Is there a difference in the technology?
> >
> >Why can't the Met or One Link develop a plastic version of Metcard for
> >Weekly, Monthly and Yearly Tickets, or is this too hard and outside the
> >scope of the Metcard deal?

MetCard Xpress, a plastic version of current paper magnetic strip MetCard, will
be available for periodic tickets, such as weekly, monthly, yearly and student
passes.  Obviously, the implementation date for such card is not yet onfirmed.
Nevertheless, all booking office machines (BOMs), large ticket vending machines
(TVM2s), barrier gates and validators have yellow circles which will read
MetCard Xpress when implemented.

For more information, visit:

http://www.erg.com.au/    (see "overview" section, second last paragraph)

Cheers,

I.C.

Iming Chan                                   Station Officer, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **