Re: Recent Western Happenings

David & Julie Donald <dsjmd@hermes.net.au> writes: >
 1.  There appeared to be two NRC "freights" on the down on Wednesday
 night / Thursday morning.  The first was through Springwood at around 2335, whilst the
> second woke me up in the 0200 - 0230 period on Thursday morning.
 Any ideas ??

David,

The info we received advised that both SP5 and PS6 would run via the west
on Thurs/Fri due to a bridge replacement somewhere south of Parkes on the
cross country line.   Due to train length, it is possible that PS6 was
split at Psrkes into two separate trains.  This would explain
all the additional activity up your way.

One of our regular correspondents (Tim Arnot) was going out today
to photograph some of the workings, and may be able to provide an update.

Regards,

Paul Hogan