Re: Leigh Creek Coalie

Stuart Turnbull wrote in message <36CAA074.CBE@netspace.net.au>...
>Can anyone advise of the schedule for the Leigh Creek coalie? Does it
>still operate to the same schedule as in the past with a 1000 departure
>from Stirling North?
>
>Cheers
>
>Stuart

I also want to know, but would like to thank ASR for putting 4 GM's on the
Coal Train in its last days with ASR.  I videoed the Coal Train at Stirling
North on the 24th & 25th of January and was most impressed to see and hear
4xGM 12s on a 142 wagon train.   This was a never to be repeated event.  I
have never seen so many gunzels in the 20 years I have been photographing
around the Pt Augusta district as I saw chasing the coal train and other
trains in the area.

  Some of the wagons(although refurbished) are of significance in
themselves.  They are now laid to an idle life.  What happens in 2 years if
FreightCorp loosses out to ASR?  Does the coal unloader at the Northern
Power Station have to be changed again??

I would like to know does anyone know of the FreightCorp operations, i.e.
Locos numbers train size and tonnage and times.

                                                        regards, Grahame