Re: Minor Magical Mystery Tours on CityRail.

Ron BEST wrote in message ...
>Not that I was on it, but I would put forward as the most famous case, that
>of the Up Southern Aurora being diverted to the Illawarra Relief line at
>Erskineville Jn!

Funny thing about THAT incident is that it was ALLEGEDLY the fault of the
signaller at Sydenham. He apparently entered an incorrect TD number (that of
a Bondi spark) into the Redfern (Sydney) signal box train describer system.
Since the Bondi line turnout signals at Erskineville are Automatic Route
Setting, the computer read the incorrect TD number and set the road for the
underground. The driver of the train in question was allegedly disciplined
for not stopping his train and challenging the road. No one ever found out
what happened to the signaller at Sydenham.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
matticue@corplink.com.au