Re: Freight trains (was Re: Critical Mass)

On 13 Feb 1999, Matthew Geier wrote:

>  Electric railways powered by Nuke plants would be be my favourite. Yes
> Nuke plants produce nasty waste, but very little compared to the power
> generated. We however seem to be happy to pour out huge quantities of
> less toxic emissions from older 'fossil fuel technologies, but get
> into a flap about small amounts of N-Waste.

Unfortunately nuclear power plants are not cost efficient and never really
will be.  Without massive state subsidies the industry would never exist.

---
Simon Rumble, Share Knowledge Base                 simonr@softway.com.au
Softway Pty Limited                                Tel:+61 2 9698 2322
PO Box 305, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012, Australia   Fax:+61 2 9699 9174
79 Myrtle Street, Chippendale NSW 2008, Australia
http://www.softway.com.au