Re: It's Academic

Roderick Smith wrote:

> Get thee behind me satan: I just have to finish Jan. RNV today, and must
> not be distracted by this temptation.
>
> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
>
> Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> wrote in article
>
> > Question 2:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> They all have been electrified at some stage.

Electrification is part of it - but there is more.

> > Question 3:  What do the following stations have in common?
> Blacktown  counts.  Also Fassifern, Bridgewater (Tasmania)?

My original idea was that the platforms were V or triangular shaped
inside a junction.  I wasn't sure whether Blacktown has a V shaped
platform or whether it is two platforms at an angle.  Yes Fassifern
fits, and I was wondering about East Maitland - the Morpeth line had its
own separate platform though I think.

> > Question 6:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> And Albury, Toowoomba, Broken Hill, Kalgoorlie?

Well there are probably lots of places you COULD change from one country
train to another - but my criteria was where there is an ADVERTISED
connection.  What connection can you make at Toowoomba anyway - there's
only the Westlander.

> > Question 7:  What do the following stations have in common?
> Also Victoria Park (or was it Collingwood then?).
>

> > Question 9:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
> AFAIK, there is a sixth (Epping?).

There are a mere two Eppings - to qualify for this list there must be at
least three.

> > Question 11:  What do the following stations have in common?
> South Brisbane, Leonora.

Yes, true and I'll aknowledge many more.