Re: Canberra - Brisbane connection.

>From the days when I lived in Lismore and occassionally travelled from
Canberra I'd advise that the connection is suspect.

If the Xplorer from Canberra is on time through Macarthur then it will hold
its path through the metro area and there should be no problems.  If its
path is lost you can only hope that you arrive in Strathfield before the
Syd-Bris XPT leaves or they hold the XPT for you.  (You'd have to see the
guard on the Xplorer if the XPT neede to be held).

One incident that comes to mind was back in 1995.  The XPT was held at
Strathfield for what must have been at least 5 minutes.  The Xplorer arrived
while the XPT was in Platform 3 at Starthfield, however, the XPT left before
people had been able to change platforms!  I don't know if other
arrangements were made for these people.  I went home on the Murwillumbah
XPT the next morning.

Chris Downs