Re: Mailboxes (was FEB RAILWAY DIGEST)

Barry Campbell wrote in message <36C0FDBF.42F2BEB9@qimr.edu.au>...

>As an ex postie I would have to say that I have seen very few letter
>boxes suitable for receiving magazines. The box needs to be wide enough
>to take A4 with space to spare (The postie tries to deliver as much
mail
>as possible without stopping). It also needs to be long enough for the
>mag to go into the box so that it doesn't stick out and deep enough so
>that the mag falls out of the way of the slot for any other letters or
>magazines. Do you all have complying letter boxes?
>

>Barry Campbell

When I built my new house 2 years ago I had my father custom build my
timber mailbox specifically so that RD etc would fit easily. But then
the postie delivered them folded in half and sticking out of the slot.
This is why I complained a few times and since then they are delivered
flat and inside the box.
--
Regards,
Chris Stratton