Re: Vline sale Assetts.

Craig Haber wrote:

> I believe ALL except for the damaged (now at Seymour?) X35.  X49 is converted for
> DOO (ruining its good looks forever).  Has it actually been approved and operated
> in this mode - it spent some time in the Geelong region, but I never saw it on
> trains (a few ex Geelong are DOO).

X49 lead G and X on 9083 tonight (9/2).  Was shunting at Bendigo about
17:30. Has been this way on a number of ocassions.

Talking to a friend on the weekend who inspected a number of VLF Locos
for one of the bidders.  His opinion of what he saw was that the A's,
P's and the T's were in better nick than any of X's and the G's were a
mixed bag.

By the way, weren't the leases on the locos paid out by the Kennett
government as part of their debt reduction strategy.

Simon Dillon
Bendigo
http://www.hitech.net.au/simon