Re: Vline sale Assetts.

G'day,

Maurie Daly wrote:

> Does anyone know what locos are being included in the sale and how many of
> them are still servicable.
> Obviously most of the Gs would still be in good nick , but how many of the Xs
> are still running.

I believe ALL except for the damaged (now at Seymour?) X35.  X49 is converted for
DOO (ruining its good looks forever).  Has it actually been approved and operated
in this mode - it spent some time in the Geelong region, but I never saw it on
trains (a few ex Geelong are DOO).

> I guess there are also some Ps , Ts and Hs .

All the T's and H's are allocated to VLF, I think pass have P11-18, so that
leaves P19-23 for freight.

> Are the As included?

The VLF A's would be (7 locos)

Of interest an instruction has been issued that VLP Y163 (Geelong shunter) is to
be stabled in no. 5 road at Geelong station, not at Geelong loco.  Not sure what
the *official* reason is, but methinks unofficially its to stop VLF crews
'borrowing' it to shunt Nth Geelong yard, which it has been seen doing on many
occasions (and who can blame them, it has cab air-con, the VLF ones don't!)

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber