Re: V/line N Fail

Dan wrote in message <36BACFD8.B214C15E@postoffice.csu.edu.au>...
>Today Friday the 5th, a Southbound VLP train, which leaves Albury at
>6:30am failed near Euroa.
>
>I believe the N in question was City of Portland N451.
>
>Passengers were bussed to Melbourne
>
>Anybody know why it failed?

Not positive why, but I passed it at Euroa Platform. She was totally
disabled, and they cancelled the down Albury, replaced it with buses. Bussed
her passengers to Seymour and per Local  Services.
The Engine off the Down Pass went in Lite...."International Rescue", and
pulled her mt cars to Melbourne. Was able to listen to half the conversation
between the TC and Driver, and it seems that the Dynamic Brake Contactors
fused solid and stayed closed, after the Driver Dynamic Braked into Euroa.
When he tried to power away, Dynamic  would not drop out and so the Loco was
Disabled.
Rod