Re: Incidnet at Gornang? (was Goornong Derailment)

>I believe Fridays 9083 fell off there. 9084 ex Echuca >on Sunday ran via
>Toolamba with X 42-X 43-X 37 arriving at Tottenham >yard 0030 Monday
>morning.

>The up Echuca goods was therefore sent to Toolamba, arriving
>about 11:00pm with X39, and X49 and 50 wagons  (8 grain, 12 loaded slepper,
>20 containers, 10 grain).  Today (Friday) the down Echuca goods arrived at
>Toolamba at 5:00pm, with X33, and X34 with 34 wagons  (4 grain, 20 containers,
>10 grain), quite a change for Toolamba the town were trains often go straight
>through.  It is expected the Sunday up goods will also be going through
>Toolamba and on to Melbourne.
>Is this the first double headed diesel train on the Toolamba - Echuca section.

So if Fridays goods was X33, and X34 how could  X42, X43, and X37 arrive in Melbourne, and what was on it?
Durring this a G class was stuck in Echuca with no way out untill the line to Bendigo was restored.  This happened Monday as no goods was to go through Toolamba today.
So now I ask this question which way is faster, Bendigo or Seymour?

Doug

Whaat!!! Have you tried The Doghouse??! Get your FREE WEB-BASED EMAIL account at:
http://www.thedoghousemail.com