Re: Vline sale Assetts.

Maurie Daly (mauried@commslab.gov.au) wrote:
> Does the sale include closed rail alignments ?

That's a tricky one. Certain sections were not part of the original sale,
e.g. Toolamba - Echuca, Springhurst - Wagunyah and Cranbourne - Nyora.
Toolamba - Eahuca was reopened, and the three bidders more or less
insisted that Cranbourne - Koala be included as they all want to get the
sand contract back.

> ie could the new operator if they so chose re rail Leongatha to Yarram for
> example?, or even go to Woodside ??

Given that the track is no longer there, and Nyora - Leongatha is under
long term lease by another operator, I doubt it. The successful bidder
would be able to negotiate running rights to Leongatha.

Cheers
David