Re: Cooma cessation

David Proctor wrote:

> David Bromage wrote in message <79j36r$5c1$2@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
> >nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> >> You are thinking of the cssation of regular passenger services between
> >> Cooma and Bombala - the last regular passenger service from Bombala
> >> ran on 11/8/1974
> >
> >Was this the through car off the Mail? IIRC, it continued to Bombala as a
> >mixed.
>
> Wasn't it an FP class railbus in the last few years, operating from Cooma?
>
> DaveP

I think that you are both right. In Feb 1972 when I travelled
Bombala-Nimmitabel-Bombala. The Mixed had 48 class, goods wagons, a BS car and
an EHO van. These two vehicles would be attached to the Mail at Cooma. The
return to Bombala was in FP13. Unfortunately I cannot find my note book to see
the details of the trip.

David.