Re: Re ARTC Vic Train Control

Ray Gomerski wrote:

> The main reason why there are two Train Controllers between Tottenham B &
> Newport is that the SG line fom Totty B to Newport is Dual Guage.  It is for
> safeworking.  When a train order ...........

I beg to differ in that the 2 train controllers are there for historical
reasons. The goods lines were under the supervision of the Brooklyn Loop
controller and thgis job was relocated to another BG board I think. The NE SG
train controller inherited the section to Manor when the SG was opened because
of the need to co-ordinate train movements at Tottenham. AFAIK the NE controller
still has joint control of the section between Newport and Tottenham for that
reason, the section on to Manor being part of the Section Auithority Working and
hence trasferred to the Section Authority Train Controller.

It is because now that the line is dual that the 2 controllers are required.
Control of the west line would totally in the hands of the controller performing
the former Brooklyn Loop job.

David. Also former V.R. employee