Re: Katoomba Scenic Railway not steepest?

Greetings from the USA.

I am the person who originally emailed David about the Incline railway in
Chattanooga Tennessee, USA.

One note which may or may not have been misunderstood.  The 72.7 degree
slope on that climb is near the top and has a percentage in excess of
100%  While I don't know the exact number, it appears to be in the
vicinity of 145% rise over distance.

This railroad uses a trolly-type car with seats slanted so that you lean
slightly forward at the bottom of the mountain and lean back at the top.
The web site mentioned by an earlier poster (I forget who) shows the car
at the top of the mountain.  If I get the opportunity later this year, I
will attempt to photograph the Incline Railway a little more thoroughly
and post them here. (assuming that you are interested.)

I appreciate your comments in replying to David's original post and would
enjoy adding any fresh notes about American Railroading if you have any
questions.

David Fields
vulpine@delanet.com