Re: Penguin saved by Train Driver

G'day,

Robert Harris wrote:

> A couple of years back, during the Homebush to Redfern shutdown, we were
> running to the city via Enfield and the driver stopped so he could pick
> up Golf Balls that escaped from the nearby golf course.

While going to uni some years back on the Plenty Road Bundoora tram, we were
crawling along the line, and yep, driver spots a golf ball on the median
strip from adjacent golf course, stops and picks it up!  This went on for
the mile or so near the old golf course (now sold for housing).  Jeez I was
pissed off - something along the lines of "you're here to drive the tram
mate, not pick up *&^% golf balls!"

Cheers,
CH.
--