Re: Some Melbourne obsrvations!

Ashley Wright wrote:

<snip>

>   The issue with Metcard validation is strange indeed. It seemed that
> when people were validating then everyone else did, other wise no one
> did.

<more snip>

I have just moved to Brisbane where the buses have electronic ticketing.
I use a 10 trip ticket which of course has to be validated but I notice
that people with weekly tickets always validate (I suppose the currency
of the ticket needs to be checked). There just doesn't seem to be a
problem as everyone boards through the front door which is two lanes
wide. The right hand lane is for validation only and the left is for
either validation or purchase from the driver. Why is it such a problem
in Melbourne other than the fact it is full of Victorians? Although, so
is Brisbane.

Barry Campbell