Re: ARTC Vic Train Control

Looking to the USA, CSX controls its entire system from one "Dispatch"
centre in Jacksonville, Florida. That adds up to 21,000 route MILES of track
stretching right across America from one central location. They seem to be
doing that successfully. Like every man and his dog had said on this thread,
the controller's location is irrelevant.

Look at QR. Townsville Control operates the entire Great Northern line from
Townsville to Mt. Isa which is in excess of 900km. As I understand (and
correct me if I'm wrong Mr. McCandless) Shunt trips are performed from Mt.
Isa to Rifle Creek (one section) where authority must be received from
Townsville. They've had no problems.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland