Re: How to reduce rail squeal?

I had a look at the SG track between Sleeps Hill tunnel and Blackwood
yesterday. It appears that only the westernmost rail of the two SG rails
is greased, and that mainly when that rail is on the outside of a curve.

I can understand that it may not be as feasible to put greasepots between
the BG and SG track, or that greasing both rails' flanges may lead to
wheelslip, but when there is no greasing of the outside rail flange, the
squeal can be loud enough to cause pain - as I've observed from the
Blackwood station carpark.

Regards,

Arthur.