Re: Two Melbourne accidents

> > The prefered option by Vicroads and the lie of the land is to drop
Springvale Rd
> > under the railway AND the Highway.  Now the freeway is build that
intersection
> > nedds grade seperation as well.
>
> Why bother with that, soon the freeway will be extended to Ringwood, and the
level
> of traffic will once again drop.
>
> Springvale road will go back to its old levels of traffic. I would consider it
> waste of money on such a short term problem.

Yes, I remember when the fuss was on about extending the freeway from
Doncaster Road.  The council then indicated that if the freeway was not
extended they would press for grade separation of Springvale Rd over both
Whitehorse and the railway.  I guess they were expecting the freeway to go
all the way to Ringwood once the extension began.

JD

John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html