Re: ElecRail's tour almost ran

>>         A few slight ammendments to your report.
>> 1. The accident occured at South Kensington and the train involved stopped
>> foul of the points at the up end of South Kensington. I found this out as we
>> tried to run Up Geelong trains via Brooklyn. No Go.
>
>How did trains work around the scene - can't you come off the Brooklyn line behind
>Sth Ken, and go direct onto the high roads, and hence come into Nth Melbourne etc?
>The 1800 Warrnambool got away not very late and went via Brooklyn - perhaps the
>spark had been moved by then, allowing access to the points at the up end of the
>platforms for the Brooklyn line?

Down Geelongs and WCRs ran via the goods line, all SG trains were held
in the yards.
6MA5 got away at 1915 (due at 1840) & crossed a very late 8242 (with
Murray) at Totty B Box (Ups were running via the goods by then). 8244
ran via the main line and almost caught 8242!!!
Then just add spice there was this looney at Manor - YN2 in the hole;
Up BG Goods (G523) on the west line and some goose standing on the SG
mainline!! We stopped and asked what he was doing - "just watching the
trains". Meanwhile he is now standing on the westline with S 302 on
8246 bearing down on him. He sauntered over to the east line (only
place to go - all other lines had trains on 'em!) Just another Friday
night at the office ;-).

Cheers

Krel

Just another eccentric crank.