Re: Stony Point and former Mornington and Altona lines c.1983

Yes a lot of the local councils were instrumental in helping save those
lines (Williamstown, Altona and Brunswick in particular). No one person
or organisation can claim the credit for saving them though. It was a
result of a sustained campaign involving councils, individuals, the
PTUA, residents groups (esp. elderly and disabled) and so on

In article <84ejll$r0v$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  B61 <jamesfell@umpire.com> wrote:
> The Altona line was saved by my grandpa (i'm 14) who went to war with
> the bureaucrats when he was working in a senior position for the
Altona