Re: Telephone bookings

Exnarc wrote in message <84bdp7$bu6$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...

>If SERCO are going to make a go of GSR why don't they provide more people
>take bookings? I know that its the holiday season and bookings are heavy,
>but I think most people would hang up before they got an answer if they had
>to wait over 10 minutes for service. We railfans are more tolerant I guess?
>
>Has anyone had simular experiences with V/Line or Country Link, or the
>airlines, where they have had to wait over 10 minutes?
>
>I'm curious if this is just GSR or are the others as bad?

I had to ring QANTAS a few weeks back - got through immediately the first
time, 8 minute wait the second time - that was for international
reservations though.

Countrylink are not too bad, depends on the time of day really. Although
they are a bit worse now with the new TravelLink computer. Their website
says that soon you will be able to "book and pay over the internet" so this
might cut down on some of the delays on the phone lines (although they might
use it as an excuse to cut some staff thus keeping the delays up).

I also had to ring Greyhound-Pioneer and got straight through.

Dave