Re: 3813 who is responsible????

OK, the whole lot of the parts are now with the Dorrigo Steam Railway
museum. To give you a brief run down on the history, the loco was sent to
the workshops for some attention and the then Commissioner of the PTC
discovered it was being overhauled and ordered it to be taken out of the
workshop. It was dumped in S trucks at Thirlmere and the rest in Clyde yard.
In the 80s while a clean up of Clyde was happening the RTM were asked to
take the bits away but they didn't want them and offered the Boiler to the
Powerhouse Museum who at that stage wanted to section 3830 and the rest of
the Clyde bits to the DSR&M. This year the RTM decided to pass the rest of
the bits on to the DSR&M and the Powerhouse has decided they didn't want the
boiler. Basically there will be enough bits to reassemble it to a static
display unit.
Cheers
Bob