Re: [QR] Rollingstock question

John Boxall <box@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
Ybj94.2652$n23.9263@ozemail.com.au">news:Ybj94.2652$n23.9263@ozemail.com.au...
> Zooming past Rocklea today I saw an old carriage somewhat like a guards'
van
> numbered TDV 1887 or 1889 attached to the end of a mixed goods train. It
was
> in very poor condition. Any idea what it would be used for ?

TDV is a Guard's van with Drovers quarters for livestock trains. They are
still used on livestock trains for drovers from time to time but, naturally,
no guard.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD

NOTICE - The above text is copyright. It may not be reproduced in whole or
in part without written permission from the author.