Re: "lost" trains

Notagunzel wrote:
> This DPU device, does NSW use many of these?  I have to admit I'd never
> heard of them used in NSW up to now, a similar sort of device was used on
> certain Track Circuits in Victoria in the height of the Sprinter panic,
but
> AFAIK they were removed once the Sprinters got Track Circuit Assistors
> fitted.  The Victorian Device (Track Shunt Device?) was a primary battery
> powered metal proximity detector which dumped a short across the rails for
> seconds after a wheel passed them.

Strange you should mention Sprinters, guess what, they are starting to do it
again, disappear that is. Apparently one failed to activate several
crossings on the Bendigo line and another "disappeared" on the Traralgon
line. An investigation is being conducted into these incidents but the RTBU
has signalled that if it is not a satisfactory outcome they will blackban
every Sprinter again.

Regards Wizzer

--
If at first you don't succeed, get someone else to do it :-)