Re: I'm back

James Brook wrote in message <38660A64.197A9CEB@ozemail.com.au>...

>If a thread that covers more than one state, simply don't put a state in
the
>title. It isn't that hard to do, and then people know that it is a general
post.
>People who don't change the title when the thread changes are the cause of
all
>these problems. If you have a newsgroup for each state individually then
you
>have to start cross posting threads and this becomes even messier and
harder to
>follow than just having them all on the one newsgroup.

And that is the problem with Usenet - too many people (and far too many to
try to change entrenched habits) just hit reply and type away. The nature of
usenet does not really allow for what you are suggesting. The aus.rail
newsgroup has been around to long anyway to impose this sort of policy on
it. Things will not change, merely because some people want them to. I agree
it would be desireable, but given human nature, and the nature of Usenet, it
will not happen, so it is pointless constantly arguing for it to happen.

Dave