Re: Photos of Woollahra (NSW) taken on a SETS tour in 1992

Dave Proctor <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
8429s5$10l$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:8429s5$10l$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> trendy rechauffé wrote in message ...
> >
> >FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) <rabonzo@primus.com.au> wrote in
message
> >rtZ84.104$nG.9876@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:rtZ84.104$nG.9876@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> >> Would I be right in saying that the Woollahra station has never
actually
> >> been used for normal ESR services?
> >>

> >After the nearby residents complained about having a station next to
their
> >expensive homes, the Government didn't put up much of a fight as they
were
> >trying very hard to reduce the costs of the new line.
>
> Wouldn't there be operational difficulties as well, since it is on a bit
of
> a grade (cannot remeber in which direction though).
>
> Dave

I'm not sure how steep it is but Edgecliff is at 22 metres and Bondi
Junction is 53.3 metres.

Looking at some gradient maps, there appears to be a flat section of about
250 metres between Edgecliffe and Bondi Junction. I have a feeling the
station site is in this area. Can anyone help with more info?

bye tr