Re: Photos of Woollahra (NSW) taken on a SETS tour in 1992

FRISCÉ Theatre Co. (Bryan Cullis) <rabonzo@primus.com.au> wrote in message
rtZ84.104$nG.9876@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:rtZ84.104$nG.9876@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...
> Would I be right in saying that the Woollahra station has never actually
> been used for normal ESR services?

After the nearby residents complained about having a station next to their
expensive homes, the Government didn't put up much of a fight as they were
trying very hard to reduce the costs of the new line.

> And where to the tunnels at platforms 26 and 27 of Central go?  Have they
> ever been used?

Platforms 26 and 27 were built at the same time as the 2 Eastern
Suburbs/Illawarra platforms 24 and 25 (which are located directly below).

The platforms were used for a while as document storage. No trains have ever
run through them as they are not connected to any running lines and the
tunnels have not been dug out very far from the station box.

bye tr