Re: [Vic] Tram & Pedestrian Accident Today

David McLoughlin <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
385fcfb7@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:385fcfb7@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> John Kerley wrote:
>
> > Of course, once upon a time, all turns at controlled tram intersections
were
> > hooked turns.
>
> No they weren't. There were only a few, at specific CBD intersections.
>
> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand

When I got my licence (35 years ago!) all controlled intersections with
trams required a hook turn.  As the pro car, anti tram revolution took
contol, the hook turns were reduced to the five CBD intersections (Swanston
and Flinders, Collins and Bourke, and Elizabeth and Collins and Bourke)  In
more recent times this has been  expanded to the additional CBD
intersections.

Cheers,

John Kerley