Re: nsw carriage codes

Chris Stratton wrote:

> "The Railway Rasputin." <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
> 385DF315.58675540@fastlink.com.au">news:385DF315.58675540@fastlink.com.au...
> > Anyway,
> > How mant versions of the TAM style cars were there?
> > At the RTM my berth is in an EAM and the other one used is MAM.
> > The E aparantly means it had electric heating, the M (on the MAM) I have
> > long forgotton. There is a KAM with a lounge room in the centre and the
> > sleeping quarters over the axles, (real bright that one!)
> > XAM as mentioned before, any others?
> >
> > rgds
>
> Wasn't there a BAM as well, and maybe a FAM?
> --
> Regards,

Fams were the stainless steel cars, I was after the wooden bodied cars.
yes they do fit in.
Yes there was a BAM wasn't it the "Honymoon" sleeper?

Some stainless steel sleepers were called "Roomettes" with the corridor
winding along the car. The seat folded into a bed and there was a toilet
and shower at each end. Any one know the code????

rgds