Re: nsw carriage codes

> Ah what a train the old Cooma Mail.  Given the almost total absence of
> patronage, a trip in an XFS was akin to a trip in a sleeper because you could
> have a compartment to yourself, and the nice toasty heating really worked well.
> Unfortunately you got turfed out at the terminus before sparrows and the
> permafrost really woke you up quickly.

Yes all stations.

Anyway,
How mant versions of the TAM style cars were there?
At the RTM my berth is in an EAM and the other one used is MAM.
The E aparantly means it had electric heating, the M (on the MAM) I have
long forgotton. There is a KAM with a lounge room in the centre and the
sleeping quarters over the axles, (real bright that one!)
XAM as mentioned before, any others?

rgds