Re: [VIC] Level crossing accident: High St Reservoir

One dark night many years ago a driver and I had to go out to Heidelberg to
collect a defective spark and bring it back to the ERD.
Earlier in the afternoon a jumper at a popular spot on the line had tried to
stop the tait head on.
It had been decided to return the train to the shops under cover of
darkness,a/c there was no hose available at Heidelberg etc.
Its quite amazing how much the front of the cab below the window was stove
in.
Naturally my driver had to do his walk around and other checks and I had to
sit in that end back to Princes Bridge,so you could say it was not the most
comfortable run we had ever had.
The weird thing about it all was that the jumper had been trying half the
afternoon to either get up the required courage???or find a willing driver
to run over her at the end of the platform.
Any way back to the point of this,If they can spare relief,then usually you
get relief,if they cant they will ask you if you think you can carry on and
try and relive you at earliest opportunity ie Flinders St or another
terminal station.
It used to be that you where advised by the union to give name rank and
serial number and nothing else to the police.
I am speaking of the early 1980s here so procedures may very well have
changed considerably,perhaps Bob or Rod could update us.
Graeme
83llgs$411$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:83llgs$411$1@nnrp1.deja.com...