Re: R711's last trip to WMB this year

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:22:45 +1100, Craig Haber
<albatross@harnessnet.com.au> wrote:

>I think it's basically just a precaution, we'd rather put it away than torch the
>landscape!  It's very, very dry especially between Manor-Lara, and the 'Stony
>Rises' which were themselves on fire last week during the hot weather.  It's
>also a good opportunity to do some maintenance requiring more than a 7 day
>turnaround.

Just out of curiosity, Craig, but how would you rate R711's
performance?

Did it live it up WCR's expectation, both performance-wise and
traffic-wise? Was it reliable and did it bring in the expected
passenger numbers? Was its performance that much different to an S or
a B?

Since WCR spent a bundle on many performance enhacements and repairs,
I'm curious as to whether it's been a financial success.

Certainly from gunzel's point of view, it's been great, but what about
the future of this unique steam-hauled train?

Les Brown