Re: [VIC] Level crossing accident: High St Reservoir

The truck driver should be locked away. Having a truck licence he should
know better than to sit his truck on the level crossing. I wonder if he
sits his truck in the middle of a freeway in the same circumstances, same
thing almost, really.

On the other side of things, knowing this intersection well since I used to
live near it, it should have been grade separated years ago. In the late
80's the government decided to adopt a "lets do it the cheaper way"
approach, and spent years making modifications to this crossing, probably
to a price close to that of simply putting the line under, and to this day,
cars can still wait up to 30 minutes in Broadway during the peak to get
across that crossing. Not only Broadway, but Spring Street as well, if you
wanted to head into High Street in the up direction (toward the city).

One day someone will see the light and finally put the railway under that
intersection. Knowing past attempts, it will take a fatality for it to
happen. (i.e, statistics).

--
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year to all!

Michael Kurkowski
Ph: 0416-044-124
Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

Not all small furry things are cute. I cleaned out my fridge yesterday
and found a small furry thing that used to be two tomatoes.