Re: XPT Report att Jack.

Hi Peter

PETer and susAN <petan@NOSPAMion.com.au> wrote in message
385b66ad.10328921@news.ion.com.au">news:385b66ad.10328921@news.ion.com.au...
> On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:17:13 +1000, "Turner" <soniaball62@ozemail.com.au>
wrote:  ( who was really me)

> Hi Jack,
>
> well how was Nth QLD?  What interesting rail movements did you spot [QR as
well as sugar tramway]?

> Perhaps the sugar might have finished for the year?

Where I was was at Sarina Beach, and in that area there is the huge Hay
Point Coal Terminal which is serviced by the a very busy electric coal
Railroad... The coal trains there run stop.... if you were into takin pics
it would be one of the places to be... If you go into the town of Sarina
itself you come across both Cane Trams and the main North Coast line... the
trams were quiet but the Coast road was busy as well... the one thing I find
interesting in the working up there, is that they run huge coal trains with
locos in the middle of the consist, yet the container and general freight
traffic are only pocket sized short trains... they don't seem to run long
general freight at all... Also when I travel to Sarina Beach from here I go
via Armidale Toowoomba Miles Bannana and into Rocky via Westwood.. I don't
see too many trains from Toowoomba to Miles but  the hiway from Westwood to
Rocky runs right beside another electric Coal Road... I think it is single
line and I think it goes to Emerald or somewhere like that... someone will
know where that line goes, but man is it busy with coalies as well... As far
as engines up there go, I don't know the classes at all, but the majority of
the Trains on the coast are hauled by 2800 class diesels, as for the
electrics I have no idea what their class numbers are, and I am sure we used
to haul them as part of general freight loads on the Nth Coast when they
were being delivered from wherever they were built...

--
Cheers
Jack

Queensland beautiful one day perfect