Re: Rain Incident near Junee??

PETer and susAN wrote in message <385b648c.9783787@news.ion.com.au>...

>So how did the ABC find out?
>
>If the driver on the Up freight called the FC wheat driver and told him
about the train in front, he
>stops and keeps his distance from the train ahead.. Maybe the other NR crew
also heard the message
>from the UP train [open radio or private channel?]  That makes the crew of
three trains and maybe
>the signal cab crew. Someone must have reported it so the ABC found out.
If it was me, I would be
>keeping my mouth shut, not spilling it to the ABC.

Dunno about that - when Optus was sueing me in the Supreme Court of NSW over
the Optus Internet hack (http://www.newswire.com.au/9911/opthack.htm) I was
talking to the ABC (and all and sundry) - perhaps one of the train crew
thought that by exposing it widely, they would be telling everyone what an
unsafe system it was (in their viewpoint - none of my own comments here)
with a view to getting something done about it?

Dave