Re: Rain Incident near Junee??

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:37:38 GMT, mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie
Daly) wrote:

>In article <keithm.165.3859C62A@commslab.gov.au> keithm@commslab.gov.au (Dave Malcolm) writes:
>>From: keithm@commslab.gov.au (Dave Malcolm)
>>Subject: Re: Rain Incident near Junee??
>>Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:12:10 GMT
>
>>In article <mauried.509.38599D3A@commslab.gov.au> mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly) writes:
>>>From: mauried@commslab.gov.au (Maurie Daly)
>>>Subject: Re: Rain Incident near Junee??
>>>Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 02:17:30 GMT

>>>Thanks for this David.
>>>Maybe its just about time the rule about passing autos at stop was re visited,
>>>at least for country lines.
>
>>Not realy. It's just got to be treated with the respect it requires, extreme
>>caution prepared to stop short of any obsruction. The incident may not even
>>have been as bad as it has been made out to be.
>
>>Dave Malcolm
>
>Yes , but his kind of mentality applies to all railway safeeworking rules.
>If all rules were treated with the respect they deserve then there would be no
>accidents ever.
>The reality of life is that rules do and will continue to get broken.
>Theres no point simply saying that you have to obey the rules as it simply
>doesnt happen.
>
>MD
My six penneth worth I always obey this rule to the letter as the
alternative is DEATH .
In my career i have seen breaches of this rule cause at least six
collisions and 4 DEATHS that makes it sit upper most in my mind
and that is not counting the passengers at Glenbrook.
Regards
Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)