Re: More Sale - Hillside (via Stratford Vic.) stuff.

Arrived at Stratford yesterday (Thur. 16.12) to be greeted by the sight of a
single level crossing signal flashing at a crossing. The other was 'dead'.
Turned out to be testing in progress. Some signs have been replaced,
including a 'STOP ON RED SIGNAL' sign that had almost turned pink with age.
It seems that the running of trains beyond Sale has temporarily ceased from
yesterday, to resume early January. Whether the RTL will be in use still, or
a T class remains to be seen. Opinions vary depending on who is telling the
story.
Although I did not see them, I'm told that empty wagons were run to and from
Sale today. Others are to be left at Hillside until the recommencement of
traffic.
On another subject, does anyone know how long ago the Dawson St, Sale level
crossing was closed? It must be 10 - 15 years ago, if not more. I ask
because the whistle posts for this crossing are STILL in place.

Darren Hodges.