Re: Email to John Laws regarding comments this morning

Dave Proctor wrote:

> John MacCallum wrote in message <38581F23.4BD940D@MYlisp.com.au>...
>
> >Someone always has to speculate that a driver or signal man did
> >or didn't do something. There was no danger to the public or
> >rail employees so I don't see what the problem is. You blokes
> >should engage your brain before you go off the handle at your
> >keyboards.
>
> That was the point I was trying to get across to John Laws. He implied that
> rail safety in NSW was non-existent, and this incident was an example of
> that. He was sprouting total claptrap, and needed to be informed of it.
>
> Dave

One of the advantages of teaching children is that I am seldom in a position
to listen to such nonsense as John Laws, but there is one principle here that
could be taken up by members of this newsgroup.

Laws is a public image person- he thrives on contraversy, yet craves
acceptance...(and possibly other things...but there in lies an inquiry).  Mr
Proctor, for whatever reason, listened to the man with the golden microphone
and voice, took offence and responded.  If Laws really wanted to care, he
would if others did the same.  Ethically, I would send him an email had I
listened to the said programme (unlikely as it might be...he's not on the ABC,
is he?) but others of you who said you heard it...have you emailed the git, or
just left the Doctor high and dry?

Public opinion, when it's not being paid for, is very powerful.  Try it.  What
was his email address, Dave?